- The following screen will be opened
- Initially, the Visual Studio 2010 will be opened along with Start Page.
- The start page is nothing but the welcome page, which contains
- Logo: A logo of Microsoft Visual Studio 2010‖ on the top of the start page.
- Recent Projects: List of most recently opened projects. If you click on any one, the project will be opened immediately.
- Get started / Guidance and Resources / Latest News: Headlines of visual studio help for .NET programmers. If you click on any one head line, online help will be opened (if Internet connection is available)
The Visual Studio 2010 Basics
To start programming with Visual Studio, you should know some common terminology that is used most frequently in Visual Studio.
- Project: An application developed in Visual Studio. That may be of different types such as Console application, Windows application, Windows Service, Web site etc.
- Solution: Collection of one or more projects. Initially, in a solution, one project will be placed. Later, you can add other projects to it.
- Build: Compilation of entire .NET Project (all the files will be compiled at-atime).
- Class: A collection of data members and methods (member functions).
- Namespace: It‘s nothing but a collection of classes. It may also contain sub namespaces. A project may require implementing at least one or more classes. Any class can‘t be defined individually, without a namespace. In .NET, all of the classes related one application should be defined with a user defined namespace.